In addition to donating funds, you can contribute goods such as household supplies and items for our food pantry. All donations can be dropped off at the D’Youville Center, 101 Winter Street, Haverhill, MA 01830. Please fill out the donation log so your gift can be properly acknowledged.
See below for the types of supplies and food items most commonly needed. You can also download our current Wish List.
Household and Personal Items
Items most needed for those in our emergency shelters and transitional housing include:
- Toiletries – Bar Soap, shampoo, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, shaving cream, deodorant, combs and brushes, mouthwash (alcohol-free only), and feminine hygiene products.
- First aid – Eye wash solution, alcohol wipes, forehead thermometers.
- Linens – Bath towels, washcloths, and dish towels.
- Household items – Cleaning equipment and supplies, laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, floor lamps, fans, shower curtains.
- New clothes – Especially sweatpants sizes S, M and L. Also, socks, underwear, pajamas, hats, gloves, scarves.
Note: Emmaus does not accept used clothing, most household goods, toys, or electronics. Please donate these items to Ruth’s House Thrift Store in Haverhill. Emmaus clients can receive needed items directly from Ruth’s House free of charge. Clients can receive larger household items from The Household Goods Recycling Ministry, The Mission of Deeds, or Project Home Again.
The Emmaus Food Pantry, which provides emergency food for all of our program participants, accepts a wide array of food items. We also need kitchen items for our meal program, which serves more than 80,000 meals a year to shelter residents.
- Meat – Fresh or frozen beef, chicken, turkey, pork, fish.
- Dairy – Cheese, eggs, yogurt, fresh milk (gallon size).
- Fruits and vegetables – Oranges, apples, carrots, potatoes, onions.
- Non-perishable items – Pasta, rice, canned tuna or ham, peanut/almond butter, jam, cereal, hot sauce, oatmeal, bread, spaghetti sauce, canned fruits or vegetables, baby food, cooking oil, shelf-stable milk, juice boxes, condiments.
- Kitchen supplies – Paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, large plastic food storage bags or containers, potholders, aluminum roasting pans, can openers (non-electric), large mixing bowls, extra large pots and pans.
Items needed for infants and children in our Family Shelter or transitional housing programs include:
- Baby supplies – Diapers (size 3-6), larger size pull-ups, baby wipes, baby shampoo, ointment, bottles, outlet covers, baby food.
- New infant and toddler car seats and booster seats.
- Children’s educational materials – Journals, bilingual books, DVD and VCR players.
- Art supplies – Copy paper, construction paper, colored pencils, markers, stamps.