10 Single Room Occupancy (SRO) Units in Amesbury for Women
Emmaus Inc., in collaboration with Housing Support Inc., is currently seeking applicants for a new sober, affordable housing program in Amesbury consisting of 10 Single Room Occupancy (SRO–Boarding House) units with shared bath and kitchen facilities. This is an independent living, sober program (a minimum of six month’s sobriety required) with service supports for women experiencing homelessness with a history of Domestic Violence. Case management services assist tenants in accessing desired resources and maintaining housing stability.
If you qualify for one of these 10 subsidized units, your rent will be limited to 30% of your gross adjusted annual income. The building is sited on a public transportation bus route providing access to downtown Amesbury and other nearby communities. Located in an historic building, the rooms and common areas have been recently updated. The property is owned by Housing Support Inc. Emmaus Inc. oversees the program’s operations and provides supportive services.
• Must be a women experiencing homelessness. Women with a previous history of Domestic Violence will have priority for these units (This is NOT a safe house. It is NOT appropriate for women who are fleeing).
• Must have an annual adjusted gross income of less than 50% of area medium income (AMI) or $36,200/year and meet other eligibility criteria for the state’s Mass. Rental Voucher Program. Preference will be given to those with annual incomes of 30% or less than AMI ($21,700/year).
• Must have a minimum of 6 months sobriety and be committed to maintaining a sober environment. Preference will be given to those with 1 year or more of sobriety.
• Must be capable of living independently and cooperatively within a group environment.
• Preference will be given to individuals with past or present connections to Amesbury in all priority categories.
For more information or to request an application please contact Tammy Guerrero in Emmaus’ Coordinated Entry Program at 978-241-3557. Click here to download the application.
Completed applications must be submitted and post marked no later than February 1, 2018 and mailed to the Amesbury Permanent Housing Program. Emmaus Inc, P.O. Box 568, Haverhill, MA 01831.